A hotel restaurant in a Las Vegas hotel has just been named the best in the world.
Food and drink website the Daily Meal awarded top spot to the the Cosmopolitan Hotel for its é by José Andrés restaurant.
The website said it was seeking to pay homage to hotel restaurants around the world which until recently have been ignored. "Hotels haven't always been places connected with great dining options, as costly room service, modest minibar snacks and a dining room offering a simple menu of mediocre food were for years the only food options available at most hotels. It was only about two decades ago when hotels began to recognize that a good in-house option for dining could be a serious asset," it claims.
The winning restaurant serves Spanish-influenced fare and was praised by the judges for its "interactive dining experience" and "secret" multi-course menu.
Other hotels on the list include Hotel Emporda, in Spain, for its El Motel Restaurant, which was placed at number two on the list, and Felix at The Peninsula Hong Kong, ranked fourth.
The Daily Meal list, which is in its second year, has ranked 101 of the world's restaurants.
The list is compiled through a combination of nominations as well as consultation with the Michelin guide and other trusted sources.
The Daily Meal's top 10 hotel restaurants
1. é by José Andrés, Cosmopolitan hotel, Las Vegas
2. El Motel Restaurant at Hotel Emporda, Spain
3. Restaurant Guy Savoy at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas
4. Felix at The Peninsula Hong Kong, Hong Kong
5. Emiliano Restaurant at Emiliano, Sao Paolo
6. Aubergine at L'Auberge Carmel, Carmel, California
7. Livingstone Room at the Victoria Falls Hotel, Zimbabwe
8. Joel Robuchon Restaurant at MGM Grand, Las Vegas
9. Epicure at Le Bristol, Paris
10. Man Wah at the Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong