Guests exposed to lethal chemicals at British hotel
Three people have been taken to hospital following a chemical spillage at the Mount Murray hotel swimming pool in Santon, on the Isle of Man.
According to BBC News, all guests at the hotel have been advised to visit A&E for a precautionary check-up, just in case they were exposed to the chlorine gas.
The spillage was caused by a mix-up during chemical preparation at the hotel's swimming pool.
Isle of Man News reports that guests at the hotel have been advised to watch out for symptoms related to exposure to chlorine, including irritation of the eyes and nose, sore throat, coughing, chest tightness and breathlessness.
Reports indicate that an ambulance was called to the hotel at around 8am yesterday morning, where two people were treated for the effects of chlorine gas inhalation. They were then transported by ambulance to A&E. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt.
Swimming in Algae: Would you fancy this?
Couple found dead in luxury hotel swimming pool