Boy found dead in hotel room where couple died two months ago

An 11-year-old boy has been found dead in the same hotel room where an elderly couple died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning just two months ago.

Jeffrey Lee Williams and his mother Jeannie Williams were found unresponsive in their room on the second floor of the Best Western hotel in Boone, North Carolina, on Sunday afternoon, reports WCNC.

Jeffrey was pronounced dead at the scene, while Jeannie, 49, was rushed to the Watauga Medical Centre for emergency treatment. She is reputedly now in a "stable condition" after waking up from her coma.

The mother and son were the only two members of the family who were on holiday from Rock Hill.

The Williams family's pastor, Scott Davis of Northside Baptist Church in Rock Hill, said the pair was on a family holiday, and added that relatives are devastated, reports the Charlotte Observer.

According to the Daily Mail, police are exploring the possibility the case could be linked to a couple who died in the same hotel room on 16 April.

Boone Police Sgt Shane Robbins told WCNC: "It was actually the same room. But other than that, at this time, we don't have any more links or correlation."

He said the elderly couple's case was still under investigation, and that they are awaiting results of toxicology tests before knowing whether the two cases are connected.

According to the Charlotte Observer, Robbins added: "While no evidence has been discovered that these incidents are related, investigators continue to explore all possibilities."

Related articles

British couple killed by carbon monoxide poisoning on holiday

Should airlines be fixed with carbon monoxide detectors?

How to Treat Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Read Full Story