Pictures: Dramatic moment a hang glider crashes into 11,000 volt cable
The glider, a 30-year old man named only as Daniel, spent ten minutes trying to free himself, fearing that he would be fatally electrocuted every second.
He eventually managed to free himself, jumping to the ground. He was left with burns to his hands and legs but was amazingly relatively unscathed.
Speaking after the accident, Daniel described how he could feel the electricity pulsating through his body as he grappled to untangle himself.
Speaking in the Daily Express, Daniel said: " I thought I was going to be electrocuted. It was totally my fault... I just didn't see the lines in front of me.
My leg got caught on the line but I managed to release myself and get clear."
The accident caused a blackout for 45 houses in the local area.
Video: Eagle brings down paraglider in Himalayas
Dog goes paragliding in Ireland