Disposable income figures down

AOL Money Staff

Disposable incomes of middle earners have fallen by about £1,200 over the past few years, according to new research.

The Office for National Statistics said that between 2007/8 and 2010/11, the average disposable income for non-retired households in the middle fifth of the income distribution fell by 3.8% from £31,000 a year to £29,900.%VIRTUAL-SkimlinksPromo%