A British man has been killed while working for a Falmouth-based drilling company in Africa.
It is believed Alex Osborn, 24, from Lanner, Cornwall, was electrocuted in a hotel shower in Takoradi, Ghana.
Mr Osborn was working as an engineer for Fugro Seacore. The company's managing director Bob Jenkins, said Mr Osborn's death was a "tragic accident", telling the BBC: "Out of respect for Alex's parents, I am not in a position to comment further at this stage."
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office confirmed that a British National died in Ghana on 25 February and it was offering consular assistance.
Mr Osborn was reportedly killed in a workmate's shower, which he had gone to use after suffering a small shock in his own.
He asked his colleague Andrew Rowe if he could use his shower at the Stellar Lodge in Ghana, but moments later Mr Rowe heard screams and "saw sparks coming from the hose, which was lying across Mr Osborn's body", reports the Daily Mail.
Fugro Seacore is a marine drilling company, providing geotechnical and specialist services for marine construction, renewable energy for the UK and around the world.
British father seriously injured after fire rips through holiday home in Spain
British man jailed for murdering girlfriend on holiday in Gran Canaria