Pensioner P60 plea to simplify tax

AOL Money Staff

Pensioners should receive P60-style annual statements as part of moves to make the tax system fairer and easier to understand, an independent advisory body has recommended.

The form - called a DWP60 - would be issued by the Department for Work and Pensions, setting out the amount of taxable income received from the state pension and social security benefits in the tax year, the Office of Tax Simplification (OTS) said.