Revealed: The world's best airport restaurants
Forget grabbing a quick sandwich or greasy burger before your flight, these days it's all about fine dining at the airport.
Reviewers from thedailymeal.com have spent six months testing restaurants and cafes in airports around the world to find the best food for flyers.
While restaurants in America dominate the top 10, there are a couple of UK restaurants in the list, such as Jamie Oliver's Union Jacks Bar at London Gatwick and Gordon Ramsay's Plane Food at Heathrow Terminal 5.
The Daily Mail reports that the Full Monty breakfast at Jamie's Union Jacks Bar was a favourite, coming in at 18th place in the poll, while Gordon's restaurant took the 13th spot.
The top airport restaurant in the list was Barcelona's Porta Gaig in El Prat's Terminal 1, which serves traditional Catalan dishes by Michelin-starred chef Charles Gaig, famous for his Restaurant Gaig in the Catalan capital.
But it's not just fine dining that the reviewers were impressed by, as the Salt Lick BBQ which serves hearty Texan beef brisket and pork ribs in Texas' Austin-Bergstrom Airport came second.
In third place was Chicago's O'Hare Airport with its Mexican eatery Tortas Frontera, where diners can enjoy fresh, meat-filled sandwiches and a guacamole and yoghurt bar.
The only non-American restaurant in the top 10 list is Bubbles Seafood & Wine Bar at Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport, where Dutch favourite raw herring with fresh bread and onions is served.
Other European favourites that made the top 20 list include Brasserie Flo at Paris Charles de Gaulle and the only airport brewery in Europe, Airbrau at Munich Airport.
Kim Choo's Nonja Kitchen at Changi Airport in Singapore, which serves dumplings, spicy chicken curry and satay, was the only Asian offering in the top 20.
thedailymeal.com's top 20 airport eateries
1. Porta Gaig, Barcelona El Prat
2. Salt Lick BBQ, Austin-Bergstrom, Texas
3. Tortas Frontera, Chicago O'Hare
4. Bubbles Seafood & Wine Bar, Amsterdam Schiphol
5. Obrycki's, Baltimore-Washington International
6. Crust, LaGuardia, New York
7. Five Guys, Dulles International, Washington
8. Custom Burgers by Pat LaFrieda, LaGuardia, New York
9. Encounter, Los Angeles
10. Legal Seafood, Boston Logan
11. Pink's Hot Dogs, Los Angeles
12. Brasserie Flo, Paris Charles de Gaulle
13. Plane Food, London Heathrow
14. Tagliare, LaGuardia, New York
15. Versailles Restaurant, Miami
16. Piquillo, JFK, New York
17. Icebox Cafe, Miami
18. Union Jacks Bar, Gatwick
19. Kim Choo's Nonja Kitchen, Changi, Singapore
20. Airbrau Brauhaus, Munich
Sign up to our weekly newsletter | Follow us on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook