A passenger on a Qantas flight discovered maggots crawling in her airline food after she had already eaten some of it.
The Australian passenger, Victoria Cleven, was flying home from Los Angeles when she was served a packet of trail mix.
At the time, the plane was darkened, and she started eating the nuts, raisins and grains before realising they tasted odd.
Speaking to the Melbourne's Herald Sun, she said: "It tasted strange, and I turned the light on and looked at the rest of the packet and just started seeing maggots coming out of it everywhere."
"I was nearly throwing up. I was beside myself."
Ms Cleven asked for compensation and was offered a refund by the airline, although this was later changed to around $400 of the $1600 flight cost.
She said she received a call from Qantas apologising.
A Qantas spokesman said the incident was being investigated and has contacted the supplier, the Sydney Biscuit Company.
Revealed! The best airline food in the world