British tourist bitten on testicle by highly venomous Australian snake
A British tourist received a rather nasty surprise when he was bitten 'Down Under' by a deadly tiger snake while relieving himself in the garden.
Jackson Scott had been out with friends and decided to use the garden at the remote Tasmanian farm where he was staying, rather than the toilet, to save water.
But as he was answering nature's call, one of Australia's most poisonous snakes jumped out and bit him on the testicle, according to news.com.au.
Jackson told The Sun: "I went into the garden at four in the morning after a night in the pub to save flushing the toilet, because water is precious in the outback.
"Just as I finished, it bit me." Ouch.
In a panic, Jackson, a musician from Glasgow, rushed to get help from his mate, Rod, who took him on a 40-minute journey to Hobart hospital, where he was given an antidote.
Jackson, who's on a 12-month working holiday in Tasmania, later joked about his ordeal and, according Sky News, laughed: "Needless to say, Rod was not of a mind to suck out the poison."
He also thanked the staff for being "professional", adding: "The doctors and nurses were very professional. They didn't take the mickey out of me for being bitten on my wedding tackle."
Sign up to our weekly newsletter | Follow us on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook