Video: Panic as beach fireworks explode in Thailand resort
There was panic on a beach in the resort of Hua Hin in Thailand when a fireworks display went horribly wrong.
According to the Telegraph, the New Year's Eve fireworks event was supposed to be a spectacle enjoyed for several minutes but, instead, it lasted 30 seconds as terrified revellers ran for their lives.
Rockets seemed to spray in all directions across the beach in south west Thailand but, thankfully - and unbelievably - nobody was hurt.
Hua Hin is a famous beach resort set 200km south of Bangkok. It boasts a pretty five kilometre beach, which was put on the map by Thailand's royal family, who have favoured it for many years.
Hua Hin Railway Station is said to be the most beautiful in Thailand, once being a royal pavilion. Activities in the area include trekking national parks, caving, taking in scenic waterfalls and the usual snorkelling, sunbathing and swimming.
Sign up to our weekly newsletter | Follow us on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook