Gongs for price comparison websites
There were also gongs for business people, economists and the head of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. And plenty more for civil servants in tax collection and pensions and benefits, of course.
BGL Group boss Peter Winslow, whose brands include Comparethemarket.com, biker broker Bennetts and the Budget brand of car, van and home insurance, was given a CBE for services to financial services.
Hayley Parsons, founder and chief executive of Gocompare.com was given an OBE for services to the economy.
David John Hall, chairman of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme was also given a CBE for services to the financial services industry.
And Rod Aldridge, the founder of the hated outsourcing company Capita, was knighted for services to charity.
The financial gongs included:
- Rodney Aldridge, OBE, Chair, The Aldridge Foundation. For services to Young People
- David Edward Reid, Lately Chairman, Tesco plc and Chairman, Kwik-Fit Group. For services to Business and to Charity.
- Andrew Witty, Chief Executive Officer, GlaxoSmithKline. For services to the Economy and to the UK Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Robert William Black Lately Auditor General for Scotland.
- Andrew William Brown, Lately Director-General of the Advertising Association. For services to the Advertising Industry.
- Ms Denise Coates, Founder and Chief Executive bet365. For services to the community and Business.
- David John Hall, Chairman, Financial Services Compensation Scheme. For services to the Financial Services Industry.
- Helena Louise, Morrissey, Investment Management and Founder of 30% Club. For services to UK Business.
- Dr Andrew Sentence, Economist. For services to the Economy.
- Peter Anthony Winslow, Chief Executive Officer, BGL Group Limited. For services to Financial Services.
- Nigel Antony Eastaway, Tax Partner, BDO. For services to Taxation Law.
- James Stephen Foster, Head of Corporate Real Estate and Sourcing, EMEA, JP Morgan Chase. For services to the Financial Services Industry in Northern Ireland.
- John McCrory, Member, Capital for Enterprise Advisory Board. For services to the Venture Capital Market.
- Ms Hayley Parsons, Founder and Chief Executive, Gocompare.com. For services to the Economy
- Susan Joyce, Pentecost, Head of Resources Division, UK Export Finance, Export Credits Guarantee Department, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- Ms Joanne Stuart, Director, Attrus Ltd and former Chairman, Institute of Directors, Northern Ireland Division. For services to Business in the community.
- Brian Stewart Larkman, Adviser, Debt Management Office. For services to the Financial Services Industry and the Debt Management Office.
- Patrick McGonagle Managing Director of Pakflatt. For services to Economic Development in Northern Ireland.