Ecclestone hopes to reschedule Bahrain GP



Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone will do his best to make sure the Bahrain Grand Prix takes place this year following the withdrawal of the event because of civil unrest in the Gulf kingdom.

After weeks of demonstrations against the country's rulers, the plug was finally pulled on the GP on Monday although Bahraini officials said no decision had been made as to whether or not the race would run later in the year.
Ecclestone is keen that the race takes place though, and told the Daily Telegraph: "What has happened in Bahrain is desperately sad but one month ago everyone was looking forward to the race.

"No one had a problem with it then. If everything is peaceful, which we hope it will be, then we will try our best to fit it in."
Read Full Story

FROM OUR PARTNERS