Renault on Wednesday said Robert Kubica has extended his contract to include the 2011 and 2012 seasons.
The 25-year-old Pole moved to the team this year from BMW, and after an impressive start had been linked with a move either next year or in 2012.
But in a media statement, he said committing to Genii Capital-owned Renault for two more seasons was a "straightforward decision".
"What's important for me is to be in the right atmosphere, with a good group of people, where everybody is pulling in the same direction," said Kubica.
The statement said Renault wants to challenge for the title "over the coming seasons", and had "convinced Robert" that the team "can match his own high ambitions".
"To do so (win the title), we need a driver of Robert's calibre; somebody who is fast, totally committed and doesn't make mistakes," said team boss Eric Boullier.