Mercedes not proceeding with Monaco appeal
Mercedes has decided not to appeal the Monaco stewards' decision to penalise Michael Schumacher.
As per FIA rules, the German team lodged notification of its intention to appeal within an hour of the publication of the decision.
The actual appeal application then had to be filed within 48 hours.
In a media statement issued on Tuesday, the Brackley based team said it "cannot be happy with the outcome" but has decided not to appeal "in the best interests of the sport".
Mercedes explained that the governing body recognises "the reasons" for informing Schumacher and Nico Rosberg to race in the final corner of the race, adding that many teams have the same opinion.
The team said its interpretation of the rule will be discussed at the next meeting of the Sporting Working Group, with the FIA also agreeing to listen to Mercedes' view that the 20-second time penalty was "disproportionate".
Mercedes also seemed to comment on reports that Damon Hill, Schumacher's former title nemesis, now feels "uncomfortable" with the concept of former drivers having full voting powers as stewards.
1996 world champion Hill revealed earlier on Tuesday that he had received "hate mail" from those who believe he acted with prejudice.
"Mercedes would like to emphasise that we fully support the inclusion of past drivers on the stewards panel and are completely satisfied that the Monaco grand prix stewards acted professionally, impartially and properly in this matter," read the statement.