In the never-say-never world of boxing, Floyd Mayweather Jr's camp has a message for anyone dreaming of a fight with Conor McGregor: "Just stop it."
Suggestions of a bout between the pair surfaced again on Wednesday, after McGregor was issued a boxing license in California.
But the head of Mayweather Promotions does not envision a fight between the boxer and mixed martial artist ever coming to fruition, claiming it is nothing more than a "con game" from the two-division UFC champion.
"It's all a calculated effort to gain more fans," Mayweather Productions CEO Leonard Ellerbe told ESPN. "He got a boxing license. Congratulations to him. Conor McGregor can say anything he wants to but he has a boss and his name is [UFC president] Dana White.
"He is under contract to the UFC and if he wanted to fight Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match he can't because his bosses wouldn't allow that to happen.
"The brass who recently purchased the UFC [for $4 billion earlier this year] are very smart people and they would never - and put this in bold caps - let him step into a boxing ring with Floyd Mayweather because everyone knows what the outcome would be. He would get his a** beat from pillar to post."
"What McGregor is attempting to do is take a page out of Floyd's book from the marketing and promotional side by using his name. The quickest way to become famous is to align yourself with another famous person, and he's done a good job of that."
And while he offered some limited praise of McGregor, Ellerbe also was sharp in his criticism of anyone thinking McGregor could compete in the ring with Mayweather.
"He's a very good MMA fighter. Fighting Floyd Mayweather is a whole other story. That b******* you're throwing over there in UFC would get you killed against Floyd."
In short, Mayweather's camp sounds as if they fell it is time to end the dream.
"It's kind of played out now," Ellerbe said. "Just stop it. The con game is over."