Eben Etzebeth's agent revealed that the South Africa lock has snubbed the opportunity to make a temporary move to the Premiership.
The Stormers second row has been linked with a switch to Premiership and European champions Saracens, while beleaguered Bristol were also said to be keen to sign the 25-year-old.
Springboks head coach Allister Coetzee said only last week that Etzebeth will "definitely" showcase his talents in the English top flight after the November internationals.
But Hilton Houghton, Etzebeth's representative, told Netwerk24: "I can confirm Eben will not be accepting any offers.
"He has decided to rather rest and have a good pre-season with the Stormers with an eye on next year's Super Rugby competition."
Etzebeth will miss Saturday's Test against Italy after suffering concussion when he clashed heads with England number eight Billy Vunipola in 37-21 defeat at Twickenham last Saturday.