Jorge Lorenzo's love of the Circuit Ricardo Tormo continued on Saturday as he smashed the lap record three times to claim pole for Sunday's Valencia Grand Prix.
The Movistar Yamaha rider, who has won this race on three occasions, was in sensational form as he blasted his rivals out of the water to secure first place on the grid in his final race before joining Ducati.
Lorenzo's opening salvo of the session saw him become the first rider to achieve a one minute 29-second lap, before he sensationally went even faster.
His time of 1:29.613 shaved more time off but his third run stopped the clock at a sensational 1:29.401, a time no-one was able to surpass.
Newly crowned champion Marc Marquez - who topped FP4 - joined his rival in the 1:29's but he had to settle for second, with Valentino Rossi rounding out the top three.
Lorenzo's replacement at Movistar Yamaha - Maverick Vinales - claimed the fourth fastest time on another good run for Suzuki, while winner in Malaysia Andrea Dovizioso and Pol Espargaro managed to finish within a second of Lorenzo.
Marquez's Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa claimed eighth, while Cal Crutchlow - fastest in Q1 - will start 11th.
1. Jorge Lorenzo (Movistar Yamaha) 1:29.401
2. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) +0.340secs
3. Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha) +0.727secs
4. Maverick Vinales (Suzuki) +0.875secs
5. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati) +0.937secs
6. Pol Espargaro (Monster Yamaha) +0.991secs
7. Andrea Iannone (Ducati) +1.019secs
8. Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) +1.173secs
9. Aleix Espargaro (Suzuki) +1.484secs
10. Bradley Smith (Monster Yamaha) +1.548secs