Manny Pacquiao's promoter believes there is a 75 per cent chance that the legendary Filipino fighter will step into the ring for a rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Mayweather watched on at ringside as Pacquiao beat Jessie Vargas in his comeback fight in Las Vegas on Saturday to regain the WBO welterweight title.
American great Mayweather retired after beating Andre Berto last year, but Pacquiao urged the 39-year-old to resume his boxing career and fight him for a second time following his win last weekend.
Mayweather beat Pacquiao by a unanimous decision in the richest bout in boxing history 18 months ago and Bob Arum has talked up the chances of the pair renewing their rivalry.
Pacquiao's promoter told TMZ Sports: "Floyd called us and asked for tickets [for the Vargas fight], It's a great sign. I'd love for the fight to happen. I'd make it 75 per cent that it happens."
"Based on my experience, I feel like [Mayweather's] getting the itch to come back."
Pacquiao said after winning on his return to the ring: "Not only for myself, but the fans of boxing want the rematch then why not? We can easily talk about that it is not a problem.
"Because we now have direct contact to them it would be easier to talk about when there will be a rematch.
"I believe if there is a rematch, or if it happens, I want to make sure the fans will love it and I will give everything to get back their trust."
He added: "We don't have any discussions as for now. It is not in my mind right now for the next fight."