The government and cricket board of Bangladesh have received glowing praise from England's security chief for ensuring the recent series between the two passed off safely.
England departed Dhaka on Wednesday, having played three one-day internationals and two Tests during a tour that was placed in major doubt earlier this year following a terrorist attack in Bangladesh's capital.
Reg Dickason, the director of security management for the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), undertook a fact-finding trip before reassuring players and officials that the tour could go ahead as planned, although one-day captain Eoin Morgan and Alex Hales nevertheless opted to stay at home.
In the wake of richly entertaining one-day international and Test contests between Bangladesh and England, Dickason hailed the efforts of those who kept both teams safe.
Thank you Bangladesh, some good hard cricket from both sides and we were looked after brilliantly! Now time for India! Hello Mumbai! pic.twitter.com/GSDUAhYxuE-- Joe Root (@root66) November 2, 2016
"I've been working in international sport for 20 years and what you've seen here, and the government input, is as good as I've ever seen," Dickason was quoted as saying by the ECB website. "It's certainly the gold standard at the moment.
"The story probably starts with the risk assessment we did in December for the Under-19 World Cup, which was held here in January. The main purpose of that was to see if it was safe for that event to go ahead, and we deemed it was.
"We came out here and saw what the Bangladesh board and the government was actually going to provide. We had the documents, but we wanted to see what they were going to do. That went very well, and they did everything they said they were going to do.
"Then on July 2, there was the tragic attack on the Holey Bakery [in Dhaka], so again we were in a position where we had to consider what the level of security should be for this tour.
"I came out again with [ECB director of operations] John Carr and David Leatherdale [the chief executive of the Professional Cricketers' Association], and we met with all the stakeholders - the board, the police, intelligence authorities, three overseas diplomatic missions, and the prime minister. So based on what we were told, and what we had witnessed in the Under-19s World Cup, with some degree of confidence we decided this tour should go ahead. That was the recommendation.
"I'm always concerned, I'm conservative by nature, and there's a fairly heavy responsibility with people's safety. We got out just before the team and with the help of the Bangladesh board we made sure things were going to be done exactly as they said they were. We've been very happy with the level of security ... [and] the Bangladeshi people have been absolutely sensational."