If there's one thing an Olympics opening ceremony is good for, it's keeping us entertained with moments that, quite frankly, you could just never predict.
For example, it's impossible to forget the most hilarious moment of London 2012´s opening ceremony (and potentially the best moment of the whole games, just sayin') - yes, that bit with the Queen.
reminder that in the 2012 opening ceremony James Bond parachuted into the stadium WITH THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND, so nothing can ever top that
-- Alex Breschard (@alexmbr) August 6, 2016
Britain is currently just mildly drunk people sat on their sofas whispering "ours was better" to themselves #OpeningCeremony
-- TechnicallyRon (@TechnicallyRon) August 5, 2016
And, sure, while it didn't quite live up to the craziness of London four years ago, Rio's opening ceremony definitely didn't disappoint.
1. All anyone could talk about was the flag bearer of the night.
-- Sarah (@SarahPenn08) August 6, 2016
I didn't just rewind and watch Tonga again #OpeningCeremony
-- Fanta Pants (@Mr_Fanta_Pants) August 6, 2016
Literally, people went crazy for, well, erm, how do we put this? Basically for how oiled up athlete Pita Nikolas Aufatofua was.
2. Though let's take a moment to appreciate this flag bearer too.
-- innocent drinks (@innocent) August 6, 2016
3. Obviously there were people on Twitter making fun of some nations' choice of attire.
Does the Canadian team have to work a shift at Target after the ceremony?
-- James Poniewozik (@poniewozik) August 6, 2016
Portugal went for a v.casual look which everyone found kinda hilarious.
"We were allowed to wear jeans??"- every other country after seeing Portugal
-- Laura Swartz (@pompomflipflop) August 6, 2016
Nooooo, Portugal. NO. Stop trying to make distressed acid wash jeans happen!
-- Cecily Walker ? (@skeskali) August 6, 2016
-- Kate (@decobroad) August 6, 2016
4. This bit of the ceremony kinda reminded people of Spider-Man and now it's all we can think of when we look at it too.
"A tribute to Spider-Man." Unexpected, but welcome. pic.twitter.com/3RRyS4atpV
-- Jay Busbee (@jaybusbee) August 5, 2016
5. No one could deal with the bikes that introduced the athletes.
-- Rose Wetzel (@rosewetzel) August 6, 2016
I definitely missed my calling as one of these girls riding around on bikes with fruit and pretty flowers and fun hats #OpeningCeremony
-- Ali Evans (@alievans923) August 6, 2016
These bikes are the most Shoreditch thing ever. #OpeningCeremony
-- Chris Brosnahan (@ChrisBrosnahan) August 6, 2016
-- Clayton Curnow (@clayiscool) August 6, 2016
Yep, the bikes were probably the MVP of the Opening Ceremony.
6. Remember the bit with Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen walking down the runway? Course you do, cos it felt like it went on forever.
Gisele's still walking. She's out the stadium and heading into downtown Rio. She cannot be stopped. #OpeningCeremony
-- Dave Turner (@mrdaveturner) August 5, 2016
7. And finally, just how hard it seems like Andy Murray was concentrating on not dropping the Team GB flag is worth seeing.
-- Charlotte Hodges (@CharHodges88) August 6, 2016
Tbh, we could watch the whole ceremony over again...