DeAndre Hopkins' holdout lasted only one day but while the Pro Bowl wide receiver still wants a new deal from the Houston Texans, he is returning to camp to focus on preparing for the NFL season.
Hopkins was named on Houston's did not report list on Saturday but he was reportedly back in uniform at the team facility on Sunday.
The 24-year-old has become one of the top wide receivers in the NFL, with 111 catches for 1,521 yards and 11 touchdowns in 2016, however he is still working under his rookie contract, which pays him a base of only $1million this season, far below the market value for a receiver with his stats.
"I too am disappointed that the Texans organization has elected not to enter into contract negotiation to secure my future as a Texan," the statement read via ESPN.
"I have expressed my sincere position regarding my contract status and with sound mind have expressed my stands to the Texans organization.
"My focus also is on the 2016 season and to help my team reach our ultimate goal. Having said that I am returning to the Houston Texans to play for a Super Bowl in Houston, Texas. ... We are excited about returning to the team and grind this camp."
According to reports, the Texans had agreed to work on a new contract for Hopkins if he returned.
Hopkins, who had planned to hold a media conference on Sunday but postponed it until Monday, faced $40,000 in fines for each day he held out.
Earlier on Sunday, Texans general manager Rick Smith said: "His actions are counterintuitive to any of the productive energy that is necessary for anything to get done.
"There are any number of factors that go into when or whether or not to extend a contract.
"[Hopkins' representatives] came to us this summer and talked to us about that. We contemplated and came to a decision and we communicated that decision to them and told them it was a firm decision."