It's considered a great honour to be the first to tee off at The Open, like Colin Montgomerie did this morning.
Of course, with a 6.35am start it also means a shockingly early alarm call - but these pictures show why it's worth the effort to be among the first on the course.
1. The last hint of sunrise still hangs in the air.
2. The early morning mist makes everything look more dramatic.
3. And the lengthy shadows do the same.
4. The sky is blue.
5. And so is the sea.
6. Seriously, look how blue that water is.
7. Everyone looks seriously cool in silhouette.
8. And of course the earlier you're out, the more unspoiled the greens are.
9. Of course, it helps if you happen to be playing on one of the most picturesque golf courses in the world.
-- Ayrshire Golf (@AyrshireGolfSCO) July 14, 2016
Welcome to Troon.