Force India owner Vijay Mallya insists Sergio Perez will be at the team in 2017, though the Mexican Formula One driver is still undecided on his future.
Perez has been long linked with a move to Ferrari, but those rumours were extinguished on Friday after 2007 F1 world champion Kimi Raikkonen signed a contract extension with the Italian manufacturer.
However, Mallya revealed Perez had already signed his own extension with Force India "several weeks ago".
"Sergio has signed for 2017, and we also have Nico [Hulkenberg] as well, as you know," Mallya told Autosport
"Checo knows, and I know, we have a signed contract. I would not be saying it if it was not signed.
"It's a signed contract, done several weeks ago."
When told of Mallya's comments, Perez said: "First of all, let's see. I haven't made up my decision on where my future will be.
"I want to take some time off and reflect on things over the summer break. Right now it is so intense that I don't want to waste any energy, I want to give it all to my team because we are in a very important part of the calendar with three races in the next four weeks.
"That's the main target for me, to give it my all, and come away from these three races with a lot of points. Then I will sit down with my people and see what is the best for my future."
Perez was also asked if Mallya had possibly reported the news incorrectly, responding: "I'm not saying that, I'm just saying I will make up my decision on what I will do for the future.
"I'm not saying that what Vijay said is wrong. But I haven't made any decision on my future yet."