Parramatta Eels' season has been left in ruins after the National Rugby League confirmed a 12-point penalty and 1,000,000 Australian dollar fine for salary cap breaches dating back to 2013.
On Saturday, the NRL confirmed the original punishment handed down to the Eels in May will stand, while scrapping the suspended 250,000 AUD fine.
In addition, the NRL has cancelled the registration of five club officials and revoked all differential points (for and against) accumulated by the Eels in the first nine rounds of the 2016 season.
NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg slammed those involved, telling a news conference, "no one has taken responsibility for the systematic cheating," in the responses received to the original breach notices issued on May 3.
In a written statement, Greenberg said, "While each made points worthy of consideration, there was insufficient information in those responses to warrant any change to the penalties originally proposed in the breach notices.
"The overall impression that I got from the responses is that no one at the club has taken responsibility for the deliberate, systemic and blatant breaches of the salary cap.
"We have to take a stand to demonstrate that the NRL will not tolerate contraventions of the salary cap which plays such a crucial role in giving us one of the closest competitions in Australian sport."
Eels chairman Steve Sharp, deputy chairman Tom Issa, director Peter Serrao, chief executive John Boulos and football manager Daniel Anderson were deregistered by the NRL.
They have also been stripped of their Auckland Nines title from earlier this year, and there will be no official winner for 2016.
The ruling sees the Eels drop to 14th in the table and caps off a forgettable week in which star man Kieran Foran stated he needed "indefinite leave" from rugby.
In a statement released on Friday, after the Eels had beaten the Sydney Roosters 22-18, Foran said he had, "informed the Parramatta Eels that he needs indefinite leave from ruby league."