Parramatta Eels coach Brad Arthur says the club will continue to offer as much support as they can to Kieran Foran after confirming the half-back has taken a break from the game.
Foran, who was granted a period of indefinite leave by the Eels earlier in the season and will not play again this term due to a shoulder injury, was reported to have walked out on his club on Friday.
The Eels subsequently released a statement in which they denied receiving "a request from Kieran Foran's management regarding a release from his contract".
However, speaking ahead of Parramatta's match against the Sydney Roosters, Arthur confirmed the 25-year-old had taken further time off.
"Foz just needs a bit of time away from the game, the priority for us is his health," Arthur told the Nine Network's Wide World of Sports.
"I spoke to him today. He's just got to work through things, but all along we've provided him with as much support as we can and we'll continue to do so."
Foran was a high-profile signing for Parramatta ahead of the 2016 season. The Eels have been linked with a move for cross-code star Jarryd Hayne should Foran be released from his contract.