Tyson Fury's rematch with Wladimir Klitschko has been postponed


Tyson Fury's world heavyweight re-match with Wladimir Klitschko has been postponed after the British boxer suffered an ankle injury.

The 27-year-old was due to face Ukraine's Klitschko in Manchester on July 9 - with the WBA, WBO and IBO belts on the line. But Fury has now pulled out on doctor's orders.

"I've got a little bit of bad news for you all. About 10 days ago I was running in the Lake District and went over on my ankle, spraining my ankle," Fury said via Instagram.

"I've been to the hospital and had X-rays, MRI scans and all that stuff. They've said it's not broken but it's badly sprained and to keep off it for six to seven weeks.

"I've had a second opinion a week later and had the same advice so the fight will be postponed."

Fury had earlier, in another video, responded to Klitschko comparing him to Hitler - telling Klitschko Hitler also killed "hundreds of thousands of gypsies", and further intensifying the rivalry between them.