Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel topped the timesheets in Saturday free practice in a rain-affected session for the Formula One Chinese Grand Prix.
Vettel went around the Shanghai International Circuit in one minute and 57.351 seconds but did not face any competition from the Mercedes drivers.
While Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton both went out onto the track, neither Mercedes driver set a fastest lap, deciding to preserve their intermediate tyres for a possibly wet qualifying session.
Valtteri Bottas was 0.710 seconds behind Vettel in his Williams, followed by Force India's Sergio Perez (+1.338secs) and Toro Rosso's Carlos Sainz (+1.449secs).
Esteban Gutierrez (+2.175secs) put Friday's frustrations behind him to round out the top five in his Haas, followed by the Renault duo of Jolyon Palmer (+2.326secs) and Kevin Magnussen (+2.410secs).
Pascal Wehrlein (+2.613secs) guided his Manor home in eighth, with Toro Rosso's Max Verstappen (+2.799secs) and Force India's Nico Hulkenberg (+2.807secs) rounding out the top 10.
Along with the Mercedes, the McLaren duo of Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button as well as Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo did not set a time.
1. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) 1:57.351
2. Valtteri Bottas (Williams) 1:58.061
3. Sergio Perez (Force India) 1:58.689
4. Carlos Sainz (Toro Rosso) 1:58.800
5. Esteban Gutierrez (Haas) 1:59.526
6. Jolyon Palmer (Renault) 1:59.677
7. Kevin Magnussen (Renault) 1:59.761
8. Pascal Wehrlein (Manor) 1:59.964
9. Max Verstappen (Toro Rosso) 2:00.150
10. Nico Hulkenberg (Force India) 2:00.158