Ter Stegen rejects talk of Manchester City move


Marc-Andre ter Stegen has denied he has agreed to leave Barcelona for Manchester City at the end of the season.

The Germany international encouraged speculation over his future last month when he admitted he will seek talks with the Camp Nou hierarchy after growing frustrated with Luis Enrique's rotation policy.

Reports in England last week claimed Ter Stegen was on the verge of sealing a move to City, with incoming boss Pep Guardiola having identified him as a priority target.

However, the 23-year-old has refuted the rumours and says his future will become clear once the season has come to a close.

"It's best not to talk about my future at this moment, it's better to do nothing until the end of the season. We'll wait until the summer," he told Onda Cero.

"Barcelona is an incredible team, but we'll see how things go. Although it's not true that I'm going to City."

Ter Stegen played in Barca's 2-1 Champions League quarter-final first-leg win over Atletico Madrid on Tuesday, in which Fernando Torres opened the scoring before being sent off for two yellow cards in the first half.

Filipe Luis accused the officials of protecting Barca after the match, while Diego Simeone refused to risk voicing his true opinion on the red card, but Ter Stegen felt referee Felix Brych was correct.

"For me it was a correct dismissal," he said. "It was the decision of the referee, who I think did very well."