Starc set for Australia return


Australia paceman Mitchell Starc has been named to make his return in his side's tri-series against West Indies and South Africa in June.

The left-arm speedster is back for the first time since fracturing his foot late last year and undergoing ankle surgery, included in a 16-man squad.

National selector Rod Marsh said he expected the 26-year-old to be fit and available for the series starting June 5.

"Mitchell has progressed very well in his rehab and the medical staff are confident he will be fit to play in this series," he said.

"It is extremely pleasing to have a bowler of his calibre back in the side."

Batsman Travis Head has been named in Australia's one-day international squad for the first time, while Adam Zampa is joined by Nathan Lyon as the specialist spinners.

Lyon has played 10 ODIs, taking 12 wickets at an average of 38.66

"Nathan has bowled very well in the West Indies in the past and we are predicting we will see some slow turning pitches," Marsh said.

"Adam has impressed us in India during the World T20 and has bowled consistently well, and with confidence, when given his opportunity."

Batsman Shaun Marsh was not considered due to the impending birth of his first child, with Australia to depart for the West Indies at the end of May.

Squad in full:
George Bailey, Nathan Coulter-Nile, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, John Hastings, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa.