'Come at me' - McGregor open to taking on Mayweather


UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor says he would be open to taking on the undefeated Floyd Mayweather Jr in the boxing ring.

McGregor unified the featherweight division in December when he knocked out Jose Aldo in spectacular fashion inside 13 seconds.

The Irishman was due to take on lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos on Saturday, but the Brazilian pulled out last month with a broken foot sustained in training.

Instead, McGregor will now meet Nate Diaz in a welterweight contest and has suggested he would be keen to face Mayweather - who is 49-0 in his career.

"In a boxing match? I'm open to discussions," McGregor told BT Sport. "Come at me.

"But I hold the key. It is me who holds the key to the fight game.

"I'm open-minded, I'm open to discussions. I love competition, I love fighting. It would be nice to make that fight if the fans wanted to see it and obviously they would."

When it was suggested it would be a $1billion bout, McGregor replied: "Yes. I'm all about them numbers so I would certainly do that, no problem."