Agent rubbishes Tiger health reports


Tiger Woods' agent has dismissed reports that suggested the 14-time major champion had suffered a major setback in his return from injury.

Reports on Monday said the 40-year-old's condition had worsened in his recovery from his latest back surgery.

But Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, rubbished the reports in a statement, describing them as fabricated.

"The tweets that appeared this weekend about Tiger's health are ridiculous and absolutely false," he said.

"It's reprehensible that every few months someone makes something up and it's treated like a real story.

"Tiger continues to work on his rehabilitation and we will have an accurate update at the appropriate time."

Woods last played at the Wyndham Championship in August last year but has been unable to recapture his best form, with his last victory coming in 2013.

His troublesome back has caused most of his problems, with the reports suggesting he was struggling to sit up after his latest surgery.