Jones lives up to promise, apologises to Brown


Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam Jones has stayed true to his word, issuing an apology to Antonio Brown after the Pittsburgh Steelers receiver was ruled out of Sunday's NFL play-off against the Denver Broncos due to concussion.

Jones had been outspoken about the injury following last week's 18-16 loss to the Steelers, insisting Brown faked concussion after he was hit by Vontaze Burfict during the closing stages, while he promised to apologise if the four-time Pro Bowler missed the Broncos clash.

And Jones was forced to say sorry after the Steelers sidelined Brown on Friday.

"AB! My apologies, my brother. I'm a man of my word," Jones said in a video published via his official Instagram account.

"I apologize sincerely. Get well."

Brown's absence is a blow for the Steelers, after the 27-year-old finished the regular season as the league's leading receiver with 136 receptions and 1,834 yards.

"We got to the point where we had enough information where we knew he would be unavailable to us so we made the decision," said Steelers coach Mike Tomlin of Brown.

"We have been without people before. That is just the nature of this thing. This week will be no different from that perspective.

"Antonio has been a significant contributor to our efforts over the course of the season. That is life. That is this game. I am excited to watch them adjust, adapt and watch the plays come from other places."