Australia coach Darren Lehmann has backed the opening partnership between David Warner and Joe Burns to continue after watching his team secure a Test series win over West Indies.
Warner went cheaply for 23 in the first innings of the second Test at the MCG but Burns contributed an important 128, while both gave up their wickets for a combined total of just 22 runs in the second innings.
But Lehman, speaking after Australia defeated the tourists by 177 runs on day four, claimed he sees no reason to change the opening partnership, despite speculation Shaun Marsh could replace Burns at the top of the order, the former having scored 182 at number five against the Windies in Hobart earlier this month.
"Joe and Dave have a good working relationship ... and they're averaging around 88 as an opening partnership, which is hard work," Lehman told ABC Grandstand after Australia took an unassailable 2-0 lead going into the third and final Test, starting in Sydney on Sunday.
"It's probably one of the toughest decisions we've had as a selection panel.
"It worked, Joe played well in the first innings and we think that partnership can take us a long way."
One point of frustration for Lehman was the number of no-balls that cost Australia wickets.
James Pattinson was denied two wickets on day three, while Josh Hazlewood cost himself another on day four.
"I'm disappointed with the no balls ... we've got to get better at those basics and we've been lax with that in training, but we'll be changing that now," Lehmann said.
"It's down to all of us and making sure we don't take shortcuts.
"We just have to pull them up in the nets and be stronger on it."