An extra minute's silence has been held to remember the victims of the Croydon tram disaster.
Respects were paid to the six men and one woman who were killed in the tragedy during the town's Armistice Day ceremony - held for those who have lost their lives in conflict.
Councillor Tony Newman, the leader of Croydon Borough Council, said it is "entirely fitting" that the ceremony was extended to allow for reflection of the awful events and the victims remembered.
"The events of Wednesday were desperately sad, and everybody in Croydon will have been affected by the news," he added.
"Since its introduction, the tram system has been accepted by the people of the borough, and beyond, as a safe, reliable means of transport, serving millions every year. For this to happen is almost unbelievable."
The tram driver, a 42-year-old man from Beckenham, was released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of manslaughter over the crash on a bend as it travelled from New Addington to Wimbledon at 6.10am.
Investigators said the tram was travelling at a "significantly higher speed than is permitted" and are probing whether the driver had fallen asleep.
More than 50 people were injured when the vehicle left the track during the morning rush hour.
British Transport Police said a Facebook post from last week which stated that a tram "lifted onto one side at 40mph" near the same location as the crash "will now form one of our lines of inquiry".
The Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) has launched a witness appeal.
Anyone who was on the tram or has information relevant to the accident is asked to complete an incident report form on the RAIB's website.
An interim report into what happened will be published by the RAIB next week, with a final report, including any safety recommendations, coming at the conclusion of the investigation.