It's been a busy old day, but now we've come out the other side of it with a definite answer of who will be our next prime minister: Theresa May.
Well, either her or - if Twitter is anything to go by - some other woman who spells her name slightly differently.
Yep that's right, 'Teresa May' has been trending for a good while now. Oops.
Theresa May currently trending under the incorrect spelling probably sums up British politics at the moment. #TeresaMay?
-- Robyn Pinder (@Robyn_Pinder) July 11, 2016
Teresa May is trending. Because spelling is just too much right now, and rly, WHO CAN BLAME US?
-- L M Myles (@LMMyles) July 11, 2016
Here are 8 people who should probably brush up on their spelling of her name (this one's for you, spelling-correctors and asterisk-lovers):
1. Nice quip, but it's *Theresa
David Cameron says Teresa May will be a competent PM. Makes a change
-- Ann Currie (@annieloucurrie) July 11, 2016
2. A good observation, but it's still *Theresa
Teresa may always wears nice shoes
-- fellaini's elbows (@C_bearage77) July 11, 2016
3. Sending positive vibes and the correct spelling of *Theresa your way
This has been the worst year and to top it off Teresa may is gonna be the next prime minister
-- Silky (@FineSilk_) July 11, 2016
4. ..and wave hello to the dictionary or internet or something to help you with the correct spelling of *Theresa
Teresa May is pm, wave goodbye to your privacy
-- Ben Szczemenski (@szczben) July 11, 2016
5. Err, we also don't know who you mean. *Theresa
Teresa May says "brexit means brexit"..
We still don't know what brexit means..
Still no plan#Nevertrustatory
-- Withering Heights (@TheGraveside) July 11, 2016
6. See what you did there but it actually looks like *Theresa Will
7. A spooky coincidence with a spooky spelling to go with it. *Theresa
a child started crying "mommy why???!" as soon as my phone notified me that Teresa May will be come PM by Wednesday evening. very spooky.
-- Livy Lou ? (@rockbottom4ever) July 11, 2016
8. We're *not so sure* on the verification of this. Unless someone's finally spoken to the actual Teresa May who might well love a cheeky Nando's.
Just spoke to Teresa May and told her she shouldn't be PM without a proper mandate. She just replied fancy going to nando's !!! Boom
-- Dinsdale Piranha (@Dinsedale) July 11, 2016