Madonna's 15-year-old son Rocco is again at a High Court hearing where a judge is analysing the latest round of a dispute over his future.
Mr Justice MacDonald began hearing submissions in the dispute between Madonna and her ex-husband Guy Ritchie at a private hearing in the Family Division of the High Court earlier this week.
Rocco was at the hearing on Friday - but not Madonna or Mr Ritchie.
All three are represented by separate legal teams.
Mr Justice MacDonald said the fact that the hearing is taking place can be reported - and the parties could be named - but he said little detail could be publicised.
He had already considered a number of legal issues at a hearing last week.
Similar hearings have taken place in New York following the launch of family court litigation in America.
A judge in New York has heard that Rocco is living with his father in England.
Lawyers told Mr Justice MacDonald at last week's hearing that Madonna wanted the teenager to return to live with her in the US and had issued an application in England under an international legal convention.
They said the singer now wanted to withdraw that application and bring the legal proceedings launched in England to a close.
The judge said last week that he had to decide whether the proceedings launched by Madonna in England should end - or whether he should make decisions on Rocco's welfare.
A judge in New York is analysing issues relating to the custody of Rocco - and those proceedings have already been widely reported in the media.