Dagenham track incident strands hundreds on Eurostar


Hundreds of passengers have been stranded on Eurostar trains after services were suspended because of a person on the track.

Trains have been held since the incident at Dagenham Dock station which began at around 8pm, the company said.

A Eurostar spokeswoman said the decision to suspend travel had been made by British Transport Police.

The train operator said the line in the UK remained closed and authorities were at the scene.

Passenger Becca Mundy said on Twitter: "Seriously @Eurostar we've been on the 7.34 for over 2 hours now, no movement at all. Surely it can't take this long to resolve issue?"

Emma Truswell added: "Ways I did not expect to be spending my Friday evening: stuck on the Eurostar somewhere near Rainham."

In a statement, Southeastern Trains said: "Due to emergency services dealing with an incident between St Pancras International and Ebbsfleet International all lines are blocked."