Royal Mint squatters ordered by High Court to leave complex


A group of anti-capitalist squatters have been ordered by the High Court to leave the former Royal Mint complex opposite the Tower of London.

The 20-50 strong group said they had taken over one of the Grade II-listed buildings in the City of London property on December 28 in protest over Britain's homelessness problem.

But a judge ruled two companies who are the leaseholders were entitled to possession of the whole of the Royal Mint Court property "forthwith".

The judge had been told there were fears of the buildings being invaded by hundreds of more trespassers for a New Year's Eve rave, risking civil disturbance and a huge costs bill.