France will be on a state of high alert until well into the new year after the country's senate voted to extend a state of emergency for three months following last week's deadly attacks.
The move expands powers to allow police to carry out arrests and searches, while authorities can ban the movement of people and vehicles at specific times and places.
It comes hours after the death toll from the terrorist atrocities rose to 130, one week since Islamic State (IS) militants attacked a concert hall, the French national stadium and several cafes and restaurants in Paris, leaving hundreds injured.
Amid a widespread tightening of security, European Union interior ministers have agreed to draw up plans for the "systematic control" of all people entering the bloc after it was disclosed that Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the suspected mastermind of the attacks, was able to slip into the country undetected.
French interior minister Bernard Cazeneuve said the measure - which would affect everyone crossing the external borders of the travel-free Schengen zone - represented a "crucial" change.
Meanwhile, a third body was discovered in the wreckage of the flat where Abaaoud died in a shoot-out with police on Wednesday.
The prosecutors' office said the body is that of a woman but her identity is unclear.
Conflicting reports have emerged about Abaaoud's cousin Hasna Aitboulahcen, who was thought to have blown herself up with a suicide belt during the gunfight.
It is now thought the suicide bomber in the siege was a man, and that Aitboulahcen did not blow herself up.