A convoy of UK military vehicles has been attacked in Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said.
The explosion in the capital city Kabul wounded three civilians - said to include a woman and a child - but no-one was killed.
The MoD said there were no British casualties in the blast which was caused by an improvised explosive device.
But the Tailban, which has claimed responsibilty for the attack, and Kabul's police chief said the Nato convoy was targeted by a suicide car bomber.
An MoD spokesman said: "We can confirm that at approximately 9.10am this morning a convoy of UK military vehicles on a routine road move, as part of the Nato Resolute Support mission in Kabul, was struck by an improvised explosive device. There were no UK casualties."
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid sent a statement to local media claiming responsibility for the explosion.
Resolute Support is a Nato-led mission to train and assist Afghan security forces and institutions, following the stand-down of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) last year.
There have been a number of attacks in the Kabul in recent weeks, including an incident on October 6 in which the house of former Helmand governor Nahim Baloch was targeted.
The last UK base in Afghanistan, Camp Bastion, was handed over to the control of Afghan security forces in October last year, ending British combat operations in the country.
A total of 454 British forces personnel or MoD civilians have died while serving in Afghanistan since the start of operations in October 2001.