Man to face court over London Underground blade attack


A man is due to appear in court today after a 63-year-old was attacked with a blade on the London Underground.

The victim was taken to hospital with cuts to his body and face after an incident on the Victoria line at Finsbury Park, north London, on Tuesday.

A spokesman for British Transport Police (BTP) said a 27-year-old man from Bermondsey, south east London, had been charged.

Adeyemi Adeye, of no fixed address, is accused of Section 18 wounding with intent, possession of a bladed article and a Section 4 public order offence, and will appear in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court.

BTP launched a hunt across the London Underground service after the assault.

Armed officers halted the Victoria line service to board and search a carriage at King's Cross St Pancras Underground station.

Later BTP said a man had been arrested at Heathrow Terminals 1, 2, 3 Underground station on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.