Treacle & Mustard Beans
- Preparation time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time
- 1 hour 35 minutes
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400 g (13 oz) cans soya beans, drained
- 700 g (1 lb 6 oz) jar passata
- 75 g (3 oz) smoked bacon rashers, diced
- 2 tablespoons black treacle
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
Place all the ingredients in a flameproof casserole and bring slowly to the boil, stirring occasionally.
Cover and bake in a preheated oven, 160°C (325°F), Gas Mark 3, for 1 hour.
Remove the lid and bake for a further 30 minutes and serve.