Semolina & Olive Oil Bread
- Preparation time
- Time 1½—2½ hours, depending on machine, plus shaping, proving and baking
- 175 ml (6 fl oz) water
- 100 ml (3½ fl oz) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 200 g (7 oz) strong white bread flour
- 200 g (7 oz) fine semolina, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon fast-action dried yeast
Lift the bread pan out of the machine and fit the blade. Put the ingredients in the pan, following the order specified in the manual.
Fit the pan into the machine and close the lid. Set to the dough programme.
At the end of the programme turn the dough out on to a floured surface and divide it into 6 equal pieces. Shape each into a ball and roll it out until about 15 cm (6 inches) in diameter.
Grease a large baking sheet and dust it with semolina. Space the breads about 2 cm (¾ inch) apart on the baking sheet and sprinkle with extra semolina. Press the semolina down gently. Cover loosely with oiled clingfilm and leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
Bake in a preheated oven, 220°C (425°F), Gas Mark 7, for 12—15 minutes until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.