Pear, Walnut and Gorgonzola Salad
- Cooking time
- 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 40 g (1 3/4 oz) walnut pieces
- 1 radicchio, leaves separated
- 50 g (2 oz) rocket leaves
- 1 romaine heart, leaves separated and torn
- 2 pears, cored and sliced
- 175 g (6 oz) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together the olive oil, mustard, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl or measuring jug.
- Toast the walnut pieces in a dry frying pan, until golden, to help bring out their flavour.
- Toss together the radicchio, rocket and romaine heart leaves in a bowl. Divide the leaves between 4 plates and sprinkle with the slices of pear, crumbled Gorgonzola and the walnuts.
- Pour over the dressing and serve.