Meringues with Rosewater and Pomegranate
- Cooking time
- 10 minutes
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) double cream
- 2 teaspoons rosewater
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- a few drops of pink food colouring (optional)
- 6 meringue nests
- 50 g (2 oz) pomegranate seeds
- 25 g (1 oz) pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- Place the cream, rosewater, icing sugar and food colouring, if using, in a bowl and whisk together with a hand-held electric whisk until it forms soft peaks.
- Spoon the cream into the meringue nests, then sprinkle each with a handful of the pomegranate seeds. Scatter over the pistachios and serve.