Honeyed Fig Fool
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- 250 g (8 oz) figs
- grated rind of 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 250 g (8 oz) thick natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon toasted flaked almonds
- amaretti biscuits
- Place the figs, orange rind and juice and honey in a small saucepan and simmer for 12–15 minutes, until soft and creamy. Leave to cool slightly.
- Place the figs in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Stir in the yogurt, not mixing too thoroughly, to give a marbled effect.
- Spoon into 4 small bowls or glasses and serve sprinkled with flaked almonds, and with amaretti biscuits for dipping.