Fig, Bean, & Toasted Pecan Salad
- Preparation time
- 5 minutes, plus cooling
- Cooking time
- 5–6 minutes
- 100 g (3½ oz) pecan nuts
- 200 g (7 oz) French beans, trimmed
- 4 ripe fresh figs, cut into quarters
- 100 g (3½ oz) rocket leaves
- small handful of mint leaves
- 50 g (2 oz) Parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vincotto
- salt and black pepper
Heat a heavy-based frying pan until hot, add the pecan nuts and cook over a medium heat, stirring, for 3–4 minutes until browned. Leave to cool.
Cook the beans in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold water and pat dry with kitchen paper. Put the beans in a bowl with the figs, pecan nuts, rocket and mint.
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and season with salt and paper. Pour over the salad and toss well. Shave over the Parmesan or pecorino.