Crusted Salmon with Tomato Salsa
- Preparation time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time
- 12–15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons polenta
- 4 pieces of skinless salmon fillet, about 125 g (4 oz) each
- black pepper
- 4 tablespoons light crème fraîche, to serve
- green salad, crushed
- 375 g (12 oz) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- handful of coriander, chopped
Mix together the herbs, garlic and polenta in a shallow bowl. Coat the salmon pieces in the polenta mix, pressing it down firmly.
Put the coated fish on a baking sheet and place in a preheated oven, 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6, for 12–15 minutes until cooked through.
Mix together the salsa ingredients in a bowl. Place the salmon on 4 serving plates, top with the salsa and a spoonful of crème fraîche, season with black pepper and serve with a green salad.