Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- Cooking time
- 10 minutes
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) double cream
- 150 g (5 oz) light muscovado sugar
- 25 g (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 125 ml (4 fl oz) milk
- 200 g (7 oz) plain chocolate (72% cocoa solids), broken into small pieces
- ice cream, to serve
- Place the cream, sugar, butter, golden syrup and milk in a heavy-based saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted. Bring to the boil, then boil for 5 minutes, stirring continuously, until thick and smooth.
- Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and stir until melted. Leave to cool slightly, then pour over ice cream.